This privacy statement governs the digital products and services offered by Moovila Inc. ("Moovila," "we" or "us"), including the mobile application MOOVILA (the "App"), the website www.moovila.com (including any related sub-site, service, feature or functionality) (the "Site"), and any other products of Moovila that display this Agreement (collectively with the App and the Site, the "Services").
We recognize that many people are concerned about the information that they provide to us or that may be collected, and how we treat that information. In order to address those concerns, we have developed this Privacy Statement.
A. INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY ISSUES
YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS IN OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THE SERVICES AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA AND INFORMATION FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT MAY HAVE LESS STRINGENT PRIVACY PROTECTION LAWS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE UNITED STATES, AND CONSENTING TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. THE COURTS OF CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY DISPUTE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
B. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Through the Services and third-party service providers, we may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
1. Personally identifiable information. You don’t have to provide us with your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, etc.) in order to read some of what’s posted through the Services. We may, however, collect personally identifiable information about you when you open an account with us, create a profile, subscribe to the Services, purchase products or services through the Services, and at other times in which we alert you that you must submit personally identifiable information. Without this information, we would not be able to respond to your submissions or requests, and in most cases use of the Services would be limited.
Please also note that some features of the Services may be provided or operated by third parties, or you may be able to sign up for or access the Services through third parties (such as through Facebook Connect or other social media sites). These third parties may also obtain personally identifiable information from you in order to use their services. Please check their privacy policies for information about their privacy practices. In some cases, these third parties may provide access to your personally identifiable information to us. For example, we may collect public information (as that term is defined by Facebook at shared by and with you from Facebook and other social media websites and applications as allowed by their developer policies.
2. Non-personal information. Non-personal information – such as which pages of the Site are accessed; what information is downloaded; what type of device, browser or operating system is being used; which Internet service provider is being used; and other information of this general type – may be collected. We, or third parties, may track information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites. We may also collect the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device ID, and/or geo-location of the users’ computer or mobile device. By itself, this information does not allow us to personally identify individuals. By collecting this information, we learn how best to customize and develop our Services to meet the needs and desires of our users.
C. METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personally identifiable information is collected when submitted by you – such as when you sign up for an account with us, create a profile, or send us an email. Personally identifiable information may also be collected when you or another user of the Services include it as part of a comment, letter, photo, forum posting or other submission to us or through the Services. It may also be collected when you use Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, or other social media websites or applications in connection with our Services. Some features of the Services may allow you and other users to share personal information with and about each other. In such instances, your personally identifiable information may also be collected by us. Your personally identifiable information also may be collected by third party service providers (such as social media websites and applications) and then provided to us by the third party.
Non-personal information may be collected via “cookies” (small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive), “web beacons” or other technology. If you do not wish to have us collect and use information collected from cookies, you should disable cookies on your computer/device. You may refer to your browser’s help menu for up-to-date information on blocking cookies and other technologies. We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. If you do not want us to collect your geo-location, you may turn off the location services in your device settings.
Specifically and among other methods, we may use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Advertising Features such as Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which collects user information using first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) and or other third-party identifiers. For more information about how Google collects and processes your data, please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, we direct you to Google’s opt-out mechanism at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personally identifiable information. If you sign up for an account with us (which is required in order to use some of the Services), create a profile, subscribe to the Services, purchase products through the Services, or connect to your Facebook or other social media account in connection with the Services, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account, correspond with you, process your orders, respond to your requests, tailor features of the Services to you, and improve the quality of the Services. We may also use your personally identifiable information to send you materials that we think would be of interest to you. If you email us, submit information to us, or ask to be placed on a mailing list that we maintain, then we may use your personally identifiable information to contact you and send information to you. If you post content to be displayed on the Services (such as “how to” instructions, comments or sales information), then we may publicly display your name, email address or other personally identifiable information showing you as the provider of the content.
If you open an account to use the Services, then a user profile will automatically be created containing the personally identifiable information that you submit to open the account. You can designate some of the information in your user profile to be used for a public profile. Your name, photo and city of residence from your user profile will automatically be included in your public profile by the Services. Other personally identifiable information from your user profile will only be included in your public profile if you add it to your public profile. We may display the information in your public profile to other users of the Services, including without limitation through any sharing, following and searching features of the Services. The Services do not display to other users of the Services any personally identifiable information from your user profile aside from the information that is also in your public profile, but we may use personally identifiable information from your user profile for the other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
If we receive your personally identifiable information from a third party service provider, then we may use the information to contact you and to assist in performing the service for which you have registered with the third party. We may also use your personally identifiable information to assist in delivery of content that is customized to your interests.
If you purchase products through the Services, then your credit card information and personally identifiable information relating to the purchase (such as your name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, and email address) may be delivered to or collected by the seller of the products and the credit card processing company(ies).
In addition to the uses listed above, we may use your personally identifiable information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts or those of our users or sponsors, as part of a statistical usage analysis, and/or to improve the features and content of the Services. In so doing, we may also provide your personally identifiable information to our users or sponsors for use in connection with the Services. Other than your credit card information and account password, we may sell or license your personally identifiable information to third parties for their use. We do not collect personally identifiable information on an automatic basis, but we may combine non-personal information (which may be automatically collected) with your previously collected personally identifiable information. Further, we may use your personally identifiable information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
3. Links from the Services to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers, credit card companies, vendors and other third parties accessible through the Services (such as via links from the Site or through Facebook Connect) may have their own privacy practices. Moovila is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. These third parties may provide the personally identifiable information and non-personal information that they collect to Moovila and may also use the information in accordance with their own privacy practices. Financial institutions, such as those which process credit card orders, are subject to federal financial privacy laws.
4. Other third parties. During the course of its business, Moovila uses third party service providers, such as lawyers and accountants, to perform a variety of functions for Moovila. In some instances, Moovila may need to provide personal and/or non-personal information about you to such third parties. However, such service providers that are not linked from the Services are generally prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for which they were selected to work with Moovila.
5. Public forum. If you submit a post, comment, photograph, video, or similar submission through the Services, the information in your submission may be published to the general public. Please exercise caution when making such submissions. Please note that most such submissions are not reviewed prior to publication. We will not be responsible to read, respond to, or perform in accordance with any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with the submission or at any time.
6. Other uses. In addition to the uses set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, Moovila may use or disclose personal or non-personal information: (i) in cases where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime, an injury or financial loss to ourselves or to third parties; (ii) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; (iii) pursuant to a court order, warrant, subpoena or discovery request, or as required by law; (iv) in conjunction with the sale or offering for sale of some or all of Moovila; (v) in the event of Moovila’s bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or similar financial circumstances; (vi) in the sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of Moovila; and/or (vii) when you have been made aware of the possibility of use or disclosure of the information at or prior to the time of collection.
E. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or Services, nor can we guarantee that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of the Services, you may be required to create an account with us. For your protection, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or email address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, please follow the instructions on the login page.
The Services are not intended for or directed toward children under age 13. Moovila does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Services unless such collection is done in accordance with the law. If you are a child under the age of 13 that intends to submit information to Moovila through the Services, you must obtain your parent’s consent prior to making such a submission. In the event that Moovila obtains actual knowledge that you are a child under the age of 13, Moovila may require that you (and/or your parent) prove to us your prior parental consent. To obtain a parental consent form, please contact our privacy administrator at the contact information in Section J below.
G. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
You may change your online account information with Moovila, including your user profile and public profile, by accessing your account through the Services (if you forgot your password, please follow the instructions on the login page). Please keep in mind that to protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to any personally identifiable information or “opt out” capabilities.
You can stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out of collection by emailing us at email@example.com or contacting us at the address set forth below.
If you would like to access or change any other personal information that we have collected, or would like to “opt out” of our retention or disclosure of any other information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the address set forth below. Subject to Moovila’s protection of itself and others, disclosures for legal reasons, and our current technological capabilities, we may be able to assist you.
To change the information that you submitted to third party service providers, please contact the service provider directly. Their policies will dictate the extent to which you can access or change the information that they have collected about you.
H. PARENTAL OPTIONS AND REVIEW
Parents of children under the age of 13 have the option to agree to the collection and use of their child’s personal information without consenting to the disclosure of the information to third parties (subject to Moovila’s protection of itself and others, disclosures for legal reasons, and Moovila’s current technological capabilities). In addition, parents can review the personal information provided by their child under the age of 13, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information (subject to the same items as above). In order to make these requests, parents should follow the “Opt Out” procedures set forth in the “Access to Your Personal Information and ‘Opt Out’ Procedures” section of this Privacy Statement.
I. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time, so we encourage you to check back with every visit to the Services. If you do not agree to one or more of the changes, you may choose to “opt out,” using the procedures set forth above. Once the change has been made, all information collected by the Services after the change will be subject to the new terms of the Privacy Statement. The current version of this Privacy Statement is effective June 6, 2016.
J. TO CONTACT US
For privacy inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2019, Moovila Inc. All rights reserved.